Description Position at Victorian Order of Nurses for Canada
Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Finance
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
Location(s): Halifax, NS
The Financial Analyst provides operational support to the Senior Finance Managers and Finance Managers. The role includes general accounting, financial reporting, and financial analysis responsibilities.
- Prepares working papers and account analysis to support monthly and annual financial statements for balance sheet accounts, including payroll source deduction accounts.
- Completes bank reconciliations for centralized bank accounts and preparing appropriate journal entries for bank-related transactions.
- Prepares weekly cash flow projections and analyzing variances to actual results.
- Completes monthly continuity schedules for fixed assets and deferred capital contributions.
- Assists with the annual budget process by supporting other Finance team members.
- Provides analytic support to Finance team members.
- Provides support to SAP users.
- Prepares and records the monthly vacation accrual.
- Provides consolidated financial and management reports to the Director Finance as required.
- Reconciles accounts.
- Performs general accounting and all yearend audit working papers.
- Prepares general accounting entries.
Education, Designations, and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years of general accounting and financial analysis experience within a multiple-location environment
- Working knowledge of SAP would be considered an asset
- Experience working in not-for-profit sector is considered a strong asset
- Proficiency in Windows OS and MS Office Suite programs, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to achieving results and achieving deadlines.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, challenging, and ever-changing environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to work both independently and within a team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check required.
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
Apply on company website