Description Position at VON Canada (Ontario)
Employment Status: Temporary, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Mobile Adult Day Service Pilot Project
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
Anticipated End Date: 03/31/2021
On Call: Yes
The Program Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of the day to day delivery of safe and effective client care by leading front-line staff for their program according to the framework of VON philosophy, policies, procedures, standards and quality management.
- Provides supervision and support for program staff which may include PSWs and ensures the effectiveness of their performance.
- Organizes the planning of work activities and staff responsibilities.
- Works collaboratively with the Manager in hiring, orientation, supporting/mentoring and evaluation of staff.
- Ensures Mask Fit Testing is completed by new staff and oversee re-testing in accordance to VON policy
- Plans and participates in multi-disciplinary meetings as required which include client care/service plan meetings and team meetings.
- Conducts new client intakes and inter RAI assessments according to VON policy and client needs and funder requirements
- Ensures client documentation is completed clearly, concisely, accurately and appropriately according to VON standards and policies.
- Plans, implements, evaluates and adjusts client-focused care/service plans according to changing needs of clients and according to VON standards and policies.
- Ensures collection and reporting of statistical information (KPI's, performance metrics) for VON and to meet funder obligations.
- Participates in health and safety training including WHMIS and applies this knowledge in the workplace.
- Ensures that program complies with Health and Safety regulations and is responsible to report all workplace incidents in a timely manner in accordance with legislation and VON policies and procedures for workplace injuries and incidents
- Conducts and records Disaster and Emergency Drills according to VON Disaster & Emergency programs and policy.
- Ensures that the program Operates in accordance with the quality and risk management framework of VON Canada and Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
External and Internal Relationships:
- Develops effective relationships with clients and care partners.
- Regularly liaises/communicates proactively and constructively with community partners/professionals.
- Develops effective relationships with staff across departments in Region to ensure program delivery goals are met.
Education, Designations and Experience:
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Health/Social Science discipline or the equivalent combination of qualifications/education.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in community and health-based care including a minimum of 2 years previous experience supervising staff with accountability for performance and results.
- Minimum of 5 years knowledge and experience in program planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Experience or understanding of the not-for-profit healthcare environment.
- First Aid or CPR certification is required.
- Experience working within a unionized environment is preferred.
- Community development, public speaking, and budgeting experience is an asset to the role.
- Proficient in Windows OS and MS Office Suite programs.
- Ability to accept and facilitate substantial change.
- Effective and demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Demonstrated commitment to working in an environment with high confidentiality and discretion.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the social and health care services network and community resources, as well as a proven ability to build strong relationships within the community.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize, multi-task and handle competing deadlines.
- Ability to problem solve and adjust to rapidly changing priorities in a deadline.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must have access to a personal vehicle for work and possess both a current driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance.
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required.
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required.
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas.
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: fast-paced environment; attention to detail; lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; walk, sit, stand, and climb stairs; grip and fine hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
Apply on company website