Description Position at VON Canada (Ontario)
Employment Status: Permanent, Part Time (0.6 FTE)
Program: Advanced Care
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 45
Work Schedule: Days, Evenings, Weekends, Overnights
On Call: No
You will provide safe, client-centred health care in the community using the nursing process, scope and standards of clinical practice established by VON and the College of Nurses of Ontario and principles of quality management. You have the opportunity to contribute to VON's responsibility for developing programs to meet community health needs.
Full access to a personal vehicle and current driver's license is required.
- Provide and manage high quality, appropriate and cost effective nursing care to all individuals and/or families in the community who are assigned to their care
- Responsible to teach and delegate tasks and functions to different levels of workers and to family members and others in accordance with the standards and scope of practice as determined by VON and the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Comply with all standards, policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Participate as a member of the health care team in relevant committees and working groups
- Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current CPR and First Aid certification will be requested
- Demonstrated skill in observation, independent assessment, health teaching, communication and interpersonal relationship building
- Good oral and written communication skills and problem-solving abilities
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further information and contact details.
Apply on company website