Description Position at VON Canada (Ontario)
Employment Status: Permanent, Part Time (0.6 FTE)
Program Name: Visiting Nursing
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 45
Work Schedule: Days, Evenings, Weekends
Union/Bargaining Unit: ONA
On Call: Yes
Our Visiting nurses provide client care in the client's own home. They provide physical assessments, symptom control support, palliative care, rehabilitation therapy, wound care, education, counselling to individuals and families and much more.
Registered Nurses will provide professional nursing consultation services on a wide variety of nursing issues related to the care of older adult clients. You will promote programs to meet community needs, and provide exceptional nursing care to clients and caregivers in the community by applying VON Branch philosophy, policies and procedures.
The successful candidate's responsibilities include:
- Provide and manage high quality, appropriate and cost effective nursing care to all individuals and/or families in the community who are assigned to their care
- Working in SELECT program - Nurse is required to go into homes and made assessments on the intellectually/developmentally disabled adults
- Responsible to teach and delegate tasks and functions to different levels of workers and to family members and others in accordance with the standards and scope of practice as determined by VON and the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Comply with all standards, policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Participate as a member of the health care team in relevant committees and working groups
- BSCN or BA in Nursing
- Current registration as an RN in the province of work
- An experienced RN with community nursing experience preferred
- Experience providing nursing care to adults and seniors
- Background in Palliative Care with ongoing education related to palliative care
- Experience conducting comprehensive nursing assessments (example: Mini-mental status, depression, pain, etc.)
- Can effectively use software for client documents, word processing & communication
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Valid driver's license, insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle
- Current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further information and contact details.
Attention Current Employees (Internal Applicants): If you are applying to a unionized position and you are a member of its bargaining unit, please be aware that this posting may remain open beyond the deadline if there are not enough applicants to fill the position(s). If the posting remains open after the initial deadline, VON may close the posting at its' discretion or a rolling deadline equivalent to the posting period specified in your Collective Agreement will be deemed, and each successive period will be treated as a separate posting for purposes of comparing seniority between candidates.
In accordance with the Employer's policy, Mandatory Vaccination: COVID-19, it is required that all VON Canada Nova Scotia Branch, VON Canada Ontario Branch and VON Canada (National) employees, contractors, volunteers and students be fully vaccinated (subject only to legitimate established exemptions of a medical nature or where there is a valid human rights exception).
To facilitate this policy, all VON Canada employees, students, contractors and volunteers will be required to provide written attestation confirming that they are fully vaccinated and reasonable proof of vaccination status, inclusive of any government-issued documentation.
Apply on company website