Description Position at VON Canada (Ontario)
Are you a Nurse who prides yourself on empathy, adaptability and excellent judgement? Do you enjoy working with children and/or adults? If so, this position may be the ideal fit for you!
Join the VON team and make a difference in the lives of our clients in your community by delivering exceptional care. VON nurses collaborate with community health teams to provide client-centred health care in homes, community settings and clinics. Come work with us - it's a job that matters!
If you asked a VON nurse why they love working here, they would say:
- I get to work to the full scope of my practice
- I use independent judgment to make decisions for my clients
- I get to provide home care to clients who need it
- I get to help children continue their education in school
- I love being out and around in my community helping people
- Clients really appreciate the service and care that we provide them
- I am able to ensure my client is comfortable while providing palliative care in their home
- I get to work with amazing co-workers
Our Visiting Nurses provide client care in the client's own home. They provide physical assessments, symptom control support, palliative care, rehabilitation therapy, wound care, education, counselling to individuals and families and much more.
Our Shift Nurses provide extended hours of care to clients in their homes and children in schools, who are medically fragile and have complex needs that may require respiratory support and or palliative care nursing.
Various schedules available for Days, Evenings, Nights and/or Weekends. Clinical Support available 24/7 for all team members.
Are you a new graduate, retired nurse or nurse looking to enter back into the nursing field? You may qualify for the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN) through Health Force Ontario. This program provides a $10,000 incentive to eligible nurses in exchange for a 12-month commitment to an eligible employer. To view eligibility requirements, click here: www.healthforceontario.ca/ccpn
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the provision and management of client and family centered, evidence-based, efficient nursing care to individuals and families in their homes and community. The Registered Nurse ensures care is provided within the framework of quality & risk management and the standards and scope of practice set by VON, relevant provincial regulatory body and Community Health Nurses of Canada. The Registered Nurse is responsible for safe and appropriate teaching, assignment and delegation of tasks to different categories of workers.
What we can offer you:
- Comprehensive orientation program
- Opportunity to use your skills and expand your knowledge
- Competitive salaries and vacation time
- Tiered Benefits (health, dental, LTD) and an Employee Assistance Program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan with company contribution
- Travel compensation
- Smartphone provided to keep you connected during work time
- The opportunity to make a difference in your community
- Work with an organization that is 120 years strong
What we need from you:
- Must be Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the province of practice
- Experience in community health is an asset
- A valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle is required
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or a Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- On-call shifts may be required
Come for the job, stay for the learning, and the chance to make a difference
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further information and contact details.
Other terms commonly searched for this type of opportunity: Registered Nurse, RN, nurse, nursing, practical nurse, clinic nurse, RN nurse, school nurse.
In accordance with the Employer's policy, Mandatory Vaccination: COVID-19, it is required that all VON Canada Nova Scotia Branch, VON Canada Ontario Branch and VON Canada (National) employees, contractors, volunteers and students be fully vaccinated (subject only to legitimate established exemptions of a medical nature or where there is a valid human rights exception).
To facilitate this policy, all VON Canada employees, students, contractors and volunteers will be required to provide written attestation confirming that they are fully vaccinated and reasonable proof of vaccination status, inclusive of any government-issued documentation.
Apply on company website