Description Position at VON Canada (Ontario)
Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Clinic Nursing
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days, Evenings, Weekends
Union/Bargaining Unit: LiUNA
On Call: Yes
Our Clinic nurses provide care in VON community clinics. Our clinics provide client assessments, wound care, IV medications, client and family education and much more.
You will provide safe client-centered health care in the community using the nursing process scope and standards of clinical practice established by VON and the College of Nurses of Ontario and principles of quality management. You have the opportunity to contribute to VONs responsibility for developing programs to meet community health needs.
The successful candidate's responsibilities include:
- Provide and manage high quality, appropriate and cost effective nursing care to all individuals and/or families in the community who are assigned to their care
- Responsible to teach and delegate tasks and functions to different levels of workers and to family members and others in accordance with the standards and scope of practice as determined by VON and the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Comply with all standards policies procedures and legislative requirements
- Participate as a member of the health care team in relevant committees and working groups
- Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current CPR and First Aid certification will be requested
- 2 to 5 years of clinical experience in a community setting
- Demonstrated skill in observation, independent assessment health teaching, communication and interpersonal relationship building
- Good oral and written communication skills and problem-solving abilities
- Critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
- Ability to speak and/or understand a second language is desirable
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current drivers license and proof of vehicle insurance
- Current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
Attention Current Employees (Internal Applicants): If you are applying to a unionized position and you are a member of its bargaining unit, please be aware that this posting may remain open beyond the deadline if there are not enough applicants to fill the position(s). If the posting remains open after the initial deadline, VON may close the posting at its' discretion or a rolling deadline equivalent to the posting period specified in your Collective Agreement will be deemed, and each successive period will be treated as a separate posting for purposes of comparing seniority between candidates.
Apply on company website