Description Position at VON Canada (Ontario)
Are you a new graduate, retired nurse or nurse looking to enter back into the nursing field? You may qualify for the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN) through Health Force Ontario. This program provides a $10,000 incentive to eligible nurses in exchange for a 12-month commitment to an eligible employer. To view eligibility requirements, click here: www.healthforceontario.ca/ccpn
Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Visiting Nursing
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days, Evenings, Weekends
Union/Bargaining Unit: OFHCW
On Call: Yes
Our Visiting nurses provide client care in the client's own home. They provide physical assessments, symptom control support, palliative care, rehabilitation therapy, wound care, education, counselling to individuals and families and much more.
Registered Practical Nurses are responsible for provision and management of cost effective nursing care to clients and families for in-home respite and shift services.
You will delegate tasks to different levels of healthcare workers, participating as a full member of the healthcare team. Clinical practice experience with patients is preferred.
- Current registration as an RPN in the province of Ontario
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Candidate should be willing to obtain training on ventilator
- Pediatric experience preferred or willingness to learn
- Experience working with patients in community setting
- Knowledge of community resources is an asset
- Excellent assessment, teaching, problem solving and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team
- Valid driver's license, insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle is mandatory
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further information and contact details.
Attention Current Employees (Internal Applicants): If you are applying to a unionized position and you are a member of its bargaining unit, please be aware that this posting may remain open beyond the deadline if there are not enough applicants to fill the position(s). If the posting remains open after the initial deadline, VON may close the posting at its' discretion or a rolling deadline equivalent to the posting period specified in your Collective Agreement will be deemed, and each successive period will be treated as a separate posting for purposes of comparing seniority between candidates.
Apply on company website