Located within five hours (300 miles) of 25 percent of the U.S. population, Watkins Glen International is the premier road racing facility in North America, three-times voted “Best NASCAR Track” by readers of USA Today. The Glen hosts a diverse portfolio of premier sports car, open wheel and stock car races throughout the year.
This position is seasonal: April 16th - October 31st. Hours can range from 8 to 40 hours a week. The workweek is Monday - Friday, 7:30 am to 4:30 pm (changes based on event schedule)
- Common sense, good judgment and the ability to think logically;
- Reliability and punctuality. If you commit to a shift, be there and on time;
- Knowledge of the Weekday Safety Team Handbook;
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Responds to on-track fires and extinguishes fire;
- Performs salvage operations such as throwing salvage covers, sweeping water and removing debris;
- Responds to and renders assistance in emergency cases;
- Cleans and inspects equipment and apparatus after returning from a fire;
- Inspects equipment and apparatus and notifies EMS & Facilities Manager of any defects;
- Makes minor repairs to equipment and apparatus, performs routine preventative maintenance tasks, and keeps records of such action;
- Keeps fire truck and equipment in a clean and orderly condition;
- Participates in training activities and instruction sessions;
- Acquires and retains a thorough knowledge of the race track, including station numbers, emergency district locations, buildings, water supply, unusual hazards and related items;
- Performs all work duties and activities in accordance with WGI's policies and procedures;
- Works in a safe manner and reports unsafe activity and conditions. Follows WGI safety policy and practices and adheres to responsibilities concerning safety prevention, reporting and monitoring as outlined in WGI's Safety Handbook.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Fire Fighter One required.
- Extrication certification is preferred but not required.
- Required to work some weekends
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.
Apply on company website