SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Registered Nurse (RN) PICC Lines PRN FTE 0.001 Westside Regional Medical Center Plantation, FL.
We're always on the move. You will find it is an exciting time at Westside Regional Medical Center, a 250-bed medical center and healthcare complex. Westside Regional offers the community the latest in minimally invasive spine and colorectal surgery and is one of only nine Joint Commission certified centers in the United States for minimally invasive colorectal surgery. Not only are we certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by the Agency for Health Care Administration (ACHA), but also certified as a Thrombectomy Capable Center by the Joint Commission. We are teaching and research facility, offering Graduate Medical Education (GME) programs in podiatry, surgery and internal medicine. Since our founding in 1974 we have been committed to expanding and improving every facet of the organization, devoting significant time and resources to enhancing the facility, staff and medical care.
At Westside, we care like family! We invite you to explore opportunities with a family-oriented team of more than 1,200 professionals, along with almost 750 physicians that thrive in a fast-paced but friendly work environment. At Westside Regional Medical Center, our medical services combined with compassionate care, illustrate why we are one of the leading healthcare facilities in South Florida.
We are looking to hire a passionate and dedicated Registered Nurse (RN) with PICC Line experience to join our team. The PICC Line Registered Nurse (RN) acts as resource and consultant for staff with regard to IV therapy assessment, products and procedures. The PICC Line Registered Nurse (RN)
inserts peripherally placed central, midline and peripheral IV catheters. Some of your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to volume, census and acuity.
- Follow through with assignments and informs supervisor if unable to complete task.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in the performance and documentation of assessment, reassessment, individualization and prioritization of the patient's Plan of Care in accordance with the department standards.
- Prioritize and delegate patient care activities based on accurate patient assessment and staff capabilities.
- Utilize restraint with appropriate justification and documentation with regards to patient safety.
- Evaluate patient's response to the Plan of Care, communicates to members of the health care team, and implements necessary changes to care based on patient assessment.
- Demonstrate capability in assisting with emergency measures (code blue, etc.) until physician arrives.
- Promote teamwork, work with multidisciplinary groups and facilitate problem-solving tasks, using critical thinking techniques.
- Report and Document concerns/issues to Supervisor and Risk Management as indicated.
- Demonstrate understanding and compliance with Advanced Directives, End of Life Issues, Hospice and Post Mortem care.
- Ensure that all patients are welcomed and greeted upon arrival to unit as per individual department plan.
- Ensure that all patients transferred and discharged have paper work completed including medication reconciliation, patient teaching...Delay in this process are communicated to patient and/or family.
- Round hourly (or more frequently as needed) to reassess patient's condition and documents vital signs accordingly.
- Current RN License in the State of Florida
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- Two (2) year Associate Degree (ASN)
- Four (4) year Bachelor Degree (BSN) preferred
Current PICC Line certification preferred.
Minimum of 2 years of ICU experience.
Previous Radiology experience preferred.
Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification
- Completion of Basic Arrhythmia course with a minimum of 16 hours of didactic instruction required.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website