This role is responsible for the efficient day-to-day operation of the warehouse with an emphasis on managing distribution center associates and implementing distribution action plans.
This role will be supporting 2nd shift operations (2:30pm - 11pm).
- Plans and assigns work consistent with established schedules to ensure on time delivery of products; monitors production needs and makes necessary adjustments.
- Ensures proper training and directs activity of each employee giving appropriate guidance and instruction; clearly communicates expectations, goals and targets, explaining why they are critical.
- Monitors quality through observations of employees, inspecting work performed/work in process and through audits of finished goods.
- Provides daily feedback relative to performance; responsible for the day to day performance counseling of production employees, coaching them on the use of the established “best methods.”
- Enforces rules as established by management and confers with immediate supervisor/human resources regarding administration of discipline.
- Maintains a safe work environment; takes action to correct an unsafe condition, recommending necessary changes or investigation and processing safety reports following an incident; ensures proper use of personal protective equipment; conducts annual review of Hazard Communication information with employees; conducts monthly safety audits and safety meetings.
- Assists in preparing and monitoring operating budget.
- Arranges for proper maintenance and repairs of equipment in assigned area as required.
- Monitors the effectiveness of the incentive system and the accuracy of employee record keeping.
- Tracks and reports attendance daily, using anecdotal notes to record conversations or observations.
- Investigates and responds to employee grievances.
- Performs duties consistent with the company's AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Apply on company website