At Sperry we are here to inspire everyone to find common ground, as we have since 1935. We create products that can transcend boundaries because we believe it's the little things that can help bring us together. We're proud to embrace timeless styles and quality everyone can relate to. Join our team and help us inspire people to recognize their commonalities and create more meaningful connections and better communities.
The Sperry Developer II is responsible for the development process from design concept through commercialization and executes the brand's product initiatives.
- Partner with internal sourcing to create and manage critical product information that will support key decision-making.
- Follows the product development process to ensure timely delivery of product that is in-line with target costs and meets calendar deadlines.
- Uses technical knowledge and skills to drive the product creation process from conception through commercialization.
- Responsible for the product confirmation/sample process.
- Accountable for a robust review process of each technical packs against the briefing goals and effectively communicate results to help inform/improved product creation and manufacturability.
- Previous Collab/SMU/Quickstrike work is a plus.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company's AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years of product development experience required.
- Strong understanding of footwear constructions.
- Strong knowledge of fit/construction and costing.
- Solid computer skills including MS Office Suite.
- Must be able to follow-through and have strong attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate, including the ability to manage strong and effective cross functional relationships within the organization.
- Strong computer skills, 3D, Photo-shop software and Adobe Illustrator.
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).
Apply on company website