The main purpose of this position is to create, maintain, investigate and adjust claims files. Preparation of incident and claim reports. Job responsibilities also include filing and recovering 3rd party/sub-contractor claims as well as assisting with other RORO Operations issues.
- Investigate, negotiate and settle RORO claims on best terms available to NYK and in accordance with NYK guidelines, contract terms, liability limitations and liability exemptions
- Maintain documentation and communication with Protection and Indemnity Insurers (Clubs)
- Pursue recovery claims against 3rd parties/subcontractors under liability or contracts, whenever possible
- Identify loss trends and communicate same to Trade, Operations and Sales Divisions
- Maintain and update multiple data bases to ensure proper documentation is analyzed regarding claim submissions and recovery funds
- Process payment requests and invoicing related to RORO claims and claim related expenses, as needed
- Provide assistance on liability and loss concerns faced by NYK
- Liaising with NYK Tokyo regarding RORO incidents, claims, and liability concerns
- Preparation and distribution of monthly reports
- Communication with claimants regarding incident and claim related service failures
- Serve as back-up for Claims Supervisor, when needed
- Provide assistance, as needed, to RORO Operations
- Demonstrate “Integrity” by accurate auditing of claims
- Demonstrate “Intensity” by working diligently and effectively with fellow team members
- Demonstrate “Innovation" by seeking out claim process improvements and opportunities to reduce risk for NYK
- Bachelor's degree required or currently enrolled and attending in pursuit of a Bachelor's degree at time of bid
- 2 years in the shipping industry; 1 year in claims preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
NYK offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About NYK Line
NYK Line is a leader in global marine transport. For more information, please visit our website at www.nyk.com
NYK Line is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.
<P class=x_x_x_MsoSubtitle style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" align=left><FONT color=#ffffff>JILPOST</FONT></P>
Apply on company website