Responsible for controlling the proper entry and departures of containers/trailers on the grounds and buildings to prevent fire, theft, vandalism and illegal entry.
- At the equipment control station, meets and greets all traffic arriving at YLA warehouse facility gates. Determines the purpose to the visit and directs visitors to the appropriate area of the yard or building. Registers the visitor by entering appropriate data into the hand held devices of the YMS system.
- Applies YMS transponders to containers/trailers that will remain in storage.
- When carrier is also picking up a unit will determine gate operator obtains details of the unit being picked up and will direct carriers to where the unit is parked.
- In the event of a live load pick up and/or delivery, obtains for security purposes the license plate and driver identification, and enter into YMS system.
- Upon departure of carriers, inspects unit to determine if it is full or empty. For empty units departing, determines validity in YMS. For loaded units, obtains driver's signature as required. Maintains document and registers in the YMS system.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Interact with employees and customers in an appropriate manner.
- Plan, prioritize activities.
- Complete assigned tasks/projects in a timely manner.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
Education and Experience
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short &
Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas)
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. performs a key role in keeping world trade moving by offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, reverse logistics, intermodal and multimodal transportation, and supply chain solutions to some of the world's largest industries. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Apply on company website