Application Note: If you select to "Sign in with LinkedIn" , you will be required to also create a candidate home account with Academy Sports + Outdoors. This feature will only pre-populate contact information, job history, education, etc. that you have included on your LinkedIn profile to your Academy Sports + Outdoors job application.
Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth.At Academy Sports + Outdoors, our Purpose is to make it easier for everyone to enjoy more sports and outdoors. The Seasonal Team Member spends time throughout the store during their tenure – it's a great opportunity to develop your retail experience. From assisting customers in our footwear department to ensuring a fast and friendly checkout experience, the Seasonal Team Member supports Academy stores at the busiest time of the year. Through this important work, the Seasonal Team Member impacts customer service, profitability, and Academy's Purpose.
The application process will require completion of a video introduction through the HireVue Digital Assessment that will allow you to share more than what is presented on your resume or application. We want to give you the opportunity to express your passion for sports and outdoors, and helping our customers. Follow these steps to complete your application:
1. Complete online application, you will receive an email from Academy confirming submission.
2. Upon completion of your online application, HireVue will send you an email with a link and instructions to complete the HireVue Digital Assessment. Click HERE to opt in to receive the assessment invite via text message. Message and data rates may apply.
Should your background and experience align with the qualifications for the position, you may be contacted by a member of store leadership.Job Description:
Education: High School diploma or GED preferred
Work Experiences: Previous related work experience preferred
- Ability to learn and adapt to wide-ranging processes and procedures
- Excellent and engaging customer service through effective listening and speaking
- Proficiently use basic mathematical computations, and comprehend instructions through proficient use of reading and writing
- Proficient in operating Computer (handheld or desktop), POS equipment and telephone
- Ability to learn and recall working knowledge of Academy's products and services to analyze customer needs and provide assistance
- Provides consistent, prompt and friendly customer service in a variety of functions such as Merchandising, Receiving, Cashier, and Sales
- Cashier duties may include, but are not limited to
- Operate cash register for all transaction types including returns, credit applications, hunting and fishing licenses and sales.
- Zones merchandise and maintains merchandising guidelines; sets, stocks and maintains front end impulse racks and POGs.
- Perform housekeeping duties including, but not limited to, sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, picking up trash, emptying trash, stocking supplies and gathering shopping carts from parking lot.
- Receiving or Logistics duties may include, but are not limited to
- Unload merchandise from trucks and prepare return loads using receiving equipment or tools.
- Sorts and processes merchandise prior to placement on the sales floor.
- Places merchandise on racks or shelves.
- Verify conditions, style, SKU, PO #, quantity and serial numbers by packing list.
- Pack merchandise, prepare labels and complete required paperwork and data entry.
- Merchandising or Sales duties may include, but are not limited to
- Drive customer service through the integrity of merchandising and accuracy of store pricing and signage.
- Execute planogram, pricing and signage as part of weekly Merchandising and Marketing plans to provide exceptional customer experiences
- Zone merchandise and maintain merchandising guidelines; stocks impulse racks; sets and maintains impulse/front end POGS.
- Re-work apparel area and cover fitting rooms to ensure store conditions are meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Drive sales through exceptional customer service skills, sales techniques and store knowledge to connect customers to the right size, product location or product.
- Adhere to company work hours, policies, procedures and rules governing professional staff behavior
- Reads, understands and follows company policies, procedures and safety rules.
- Duties may change and team member may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements & Attendance
- Ability to work flexible work schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Constantly stand, walk, reach, handle, use repetitive motions (hand/wrist/fingers) and feel; frequently required to stoop, crouch, use fingers, grasp, push and pull; occasionally required to balance
- Constantly lift up to 20 pounds; frequently lift 21 to 40 pounds and occasionally lift 41 to 60 pounds
Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Apply on company website