The Department Chair of Emergency Medicine is responsible for providing leadership and management for the emergency department. The Chair works cooperatively and supportively with members of the medical staff, as well as nursing leadership, to provide emergency services for all patients who present to the emergency department. The Chair works cooperatively and supportively with the heads of diagnostic and therapeutic departments to ensure availability, quality and effective use of services. The Chair works cooperatively and supportively with administration of the Hospital, Advocate Medical Group and Advocate Physician Partners to ensure that the needs of the hospital, medical group and the physicians are met. The Chair monitors community needs and provides oversight into EMS system and disaster planning.
- The Clinical Department Chair will be a member of the Advocate Christ Medical Center medical staff.
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state of Illinois
- Be currently board certified in his/her area of specialty with a practice limited to his/her area of specialty or major area of interest and qualification.
- Have demonstrated experience and ability to provide leadership and to engender cooperation and support of colleagues; have had prior service in an administrative capacity in a clinical department or on a medical staff.
- Possess demonstrated experience and participation as a knowledgeable and responsive teacher.
- Have the ability to devote the time and effort needed for the effective and timely execution of the responsibilities associated with being a Department Chair.
- Be a member in professional societies that are relevant and contribute to the department.
- Have academic experience including, clinical investigations and research, as well as previous presentations of publications and papers at medical meetings
- Demonstrate attendance at scientific meetings and on-going continuing education activities.
- Responsible for providing overall direction of the Clinical Department, its patient care activities and programs and to ensure the highest possible quality of those medical services
- Responsible for identification of clinical program development and enhancement.
- Responsible for Clinical Excellence within Department
- Responsible for all educational programs within the Department including graduate,
- undergraduate, and continuing medical education programs
- Responsible for stimulation of Clinical Research.
- Responsible for overall administrative activities of the Department
- Provides support for faculty and community-based staff.
About Oak Lawn, IL
Oak Lawn, an attractive Village of nearly 56,000 residents and over 1,800 diverse businesses, has distinguished itself among Chicagos leading southwest suburbs. Nestled in the center of Cook County, a distinctive home town essence flows through Oak Lawn; an unmatched quality evidenced through the communitys affable neighborhoods, dynamic business districts, well- maintained recreational areas and cultural vivacity.
The resources accessed within Oak Lawn are truly second-to-none. Exceptional educational opportunities are profound, as residents have a choice among a number of public and private school options and several higher education and continuing education institutions. Compassionate and quality healthcare is readily available through various established practices, along with the presence of Advocate Christ Medical Center and Advocate Childrens Hospital.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health, a top 12 not-for-profit health system in the nation, offers state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern Illinois. Our diverse team of over 70,000 caregivers includes more than 3,600 physicians and 1,800 advanced practice clinicians. Our strength and stability drives us forward and our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment. We strive to be on the forefront of a changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches that provide impeccable outcomes for our patients.
The Department Chair of Emergency Medicine is responsible for providing leadership and management for the emergency department. The Chair works ...
Apply on company website