Alcoa (NYSE: AA) is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminum products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa is built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating back nearly 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made aluminum an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since inventing the aluminum industry, and throughout our history, our talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices that have led to efficiency, safety, sustainability and stronger communities wherever we operate.
This position is an engineering position within the Process Computer Systems (PCS) Division of the Warrick Information Technology and Automation Systems (ITAS) department. Working in a “hands-on” environment, the successful candidate will provide plant wide support and maintenance of PCS systems at Alcoa's Warrick Operations plant near Newburgh, Indiana. The primary responsibilities include design, development, deployment, enhancement, and maintenance of process control systems, and optimization of process equipment for maintaining and improving safety, quality, capacity, and reliability.
Working under the standards established by the PCS organization, the principle challenge of this position is to apply computer technology including hardware, software, and networking to solve manufacturing problems in a safe, economical, and timely fashion within a set of development standards.
This computer technology includes:
- Control System, Human Machine Interface (HMI), and Data Collection systems.
- Process improvement project design and execution
- Working with Production and Maintenance personnel to improve uptime and equipment reliability, through implementation of both new and existing Process Computer Systems applications.
- Providing support of manufacturing network and domain
Position includes design, programming, testing and maintaining systems using the following:
- UNIX/LINUX Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows Operating System
- Programming in C, VB.NET, FORTRAN
- Citect Human Machine Interface (HMI) software
- Database Development (SQL and Microsoft Access)
- Basic Network Communications
- Peripheral Interfacing with equipment such as cameras, touch screens, etc.
- Candidate must be a self starter and demonstrated results working in a team based environment. Teams refer to not only just within the Process Computer Systems organization, but also the maintenance and production organizations within the area in which they are assigned.
• BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, or a minimum of 7 years of related experience with application development or process control in a manufacturing environment is required.
• Strong communication and problem solving skills, self motivated, bias for action and experimentation, attention to detail, systems thinking and initiative for change are required.
• Experience working with Unix, Linux or Open System based operating systems
• Experience with application programming in a ‘C' based programming language.
• Citect or other Human Machine Interface (HMI) systems
• Unix, Linux or other Open Systems administration experience
• SQL or similar relational database administration
• Visual Basic, Visual Studio, .NET system experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Apply on company website