Allied Universal is seeking a Professional Armed Security Officer. Our Armed Security Officers allow us to contribute to our company's core purpose of providing unparalleled service, systems and solutions to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses of our communities.
The armed security officer is a deterrent to criminal activity by remaining visible and presenting a neat and professional appearance in properly worn uniform and associated equipment.
- Be at least 21 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
- Valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
- LE or MP Experience required
- Able to:
- Work in various environments such as cold weather, rain/snow or heat
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time
- Ensures the facility is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property
- Maintains proficiency in the use of all assigned protective equipment, restraint devices and weapons
- Preserves order and acts to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises
- Participates in industry specific security/safety training programs to offer our clients the best trained officers at their sites
- Works in environments and under conditions that require carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, the use of protective gear and devices, and awareness of personal safety and safety of others
- Maintains awareness and familiarity with the site-specific operations performance manual and post orders
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America's leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Apply on company website