Allied Universal is currently seeking a Field Training Supervisor who will supervise and coordinate the delivery of quality services to an assigned customer. They will act as a liaison between customer, Service Manager and Security Professionals. Supervise site staff, providing coaching, recognition and discipline within approved empowerment range.
Supervise day-to-day operations at the site. Depth and range of the following may depend on the size of the site.
- Communicate staffing needs to Service Manager or to recruiters, assisting in identifying and interviewing quality candidates.
- Assure that Security Professionals receive appropriate training, developing them in both technical and professional skills; also includes performance management (coaching, counseling, disciplining, performance evaluations, recognition, etc.)
- Assure that employee grievances are heard with help from appropriate district or HR and Service Manager or General Manager.
- Assist with the communication of policies, company announcements and job openings.
- Provide the basis of a great place to work by treating staff with respect.
Enforcement of Contract Standards
- Help Service Manager identify, meet and exceed the needs of the customer.
- Meet all contractual scheduled hours with a minimum of unbilled overtime.
- Coordinate and/or conduct site-specific OJT, client specific training and annual refresher training for security personnel.
- Reconcile security logs against shift responsibilities and patrols; review incident reports prior to submitting to manager and coordinate preliminary investigations.
- Perform account audits and off-hour visits, completing required documentation.
- Manage uniforms, equipment, supplies and vehicles utilized at the account, maintaining appropriate inventories and maintenance checklists.
- Administer site safety programs outlining site-specific hazards for security officers including vehicle / driving safety as appropriate to Corporate procedures
- Be prepared to participate in unemployment hearings.
- Capably utilize WinTeam for scheduling and billing, and to produce reports (such as Scheduling Activity, Training Detail reports, etc.) that require interpretation and action for effective business management.
- Enforce Allied Universal policies as outlined in the handbooks and executive memos.
Security Professional Quality Standards:
- Comes to work; is on time and completes shift assignments (including overtime, if assigned).
- Has a neat, professional appearance and comes to work in complete and clean assigned uniform.
- Has a friendly and professional demeanor and provides quality customer service.
- Is a good communicator (both verbal and written) and is capable of handling typical and crisis situations both efficiently and effectively.
- Understands and successfully executes his/her post orders including enforcement of client and company policies, rules and regulations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience required will generally be determined by size of account and resulting scope of business and management expertise needed.
- Generally: one year of security experience and one year of supervisory experience
- More advanced: BA or equivalent experience plus 3 years supervisory experience
- Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Excel, e-mail, Internet, etc.)
- Good to excellent verbal and written skills
- Problem identification and solving skills
- Ability to make good decisions (judgment and common sense)
- Financial / mathematical aptitude
- Ability to deal with internal and external customers
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and to work evenings, weekends and holidays as requested
- Reliable transportation to get to work site
- Well motivated, able to work well both independently and as part of a team
Apply on company website