Supervise and coordinate operations of the kitchen (in a casual-dining environment) to achieve AMC's goals. Provide leadership and development, and communicate expectations to all back-of-house associates in a professional and safe work environment.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Age 18 or older.
- Minimum of six months supervisory or commensurate leadership experience.
- Ability to obtain any required food or alcohol service licenses or certifications, including T.I.P.S. certification.
Requirements to be performed, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Standing, walking, lifting, twisting, and bending on a frequent basis.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and carry it up to 90 feet (or deposit into dumpster or trash compactor).
- Culinary degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year "line" experience in a high-volume kitchen.
- Six months experience in kitchen operations and execution.
- Proficiency in MS Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain composure and take control during high-demand business circumstances.
- Strong analytical, planning, and problem solving skills.
- Current and relevant knowledge and trends of the food service industry.
- Lead and develop back-of-house staff to perform the "essential functions" of their positions.
- Provide direct supervision and guidance to back-of-house staff members.
- Display effective oral and written communication skills to provide clear direction, resolve disagreements, influence strong performance, and produce clear and concise documentation with minimal supervision.
- Assist with scheduling back-of-house associates within company scheduling parameters.
- Adhere to recipes to ensure consistent food quality and presentation.
- Conduct line checks twice per day to ensure food safe temperatures, ingredient quality, and readiness for volume.
- Generate prep lists to ensure proper amounts of prepared products are available at all times.
- Ensure successful delivery of the daily and weekly budgets, goals, and objectives.
- Maintain communication with cooks to ensure proper assembly of food orders within established average ticket time.
- Oversee food preparation by working with cooks and kitchen prep associates to monitor portion size, productivity, and quality presentations while ensuring production times meet or exceed established targets.
- Manage work environments that achieve high levels of job satisfaction among team members.
- Follow all procedures to ensure that the facility is clean, safe, and in good repair for both associates and guests.
- Maintain kitchen equipment by following manufacturer's operating instructions, educating staff in proper use, maintaining equipment supplies, and contacting vendors for repairs as necessary.
- Ensure sanitation and food safety standards are met.
- Achieve optimum kitchen operations by focusing on the ability to deliver results through planning and execution.
- Assist with hiring, training, and appropriately disciplining associates.
- Work effectively with supervisors, peers, subordinates, guests, vendors, and corporate partners.
- Take ownership of the successful completion of personal training program.
- Ability to work and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Maintain regular personal attendance for all scheduled shifts.
- Uphold AMC's business practice standards and ensure compliance with company programs.
- All other functions as designated by the General Manager or Senior Manager, Dine-In Theatres (where applicable).
- Provided by theatre: AMC-issued shirt, black pants, black belt, nametag.
- Provided by associate: Black shoes, socks.
AMC and its subsidiaries are committed to equal employment opportunity and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local employment laws. AMC strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination and will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant's race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, military status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other reason prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
Apply on company website