What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
We are currently looking for software engineers in Boxborough as part of a core team developing DirectX/Direct3D drivers for AMD desktop/laptop 3D graphics systems. The engineer will be involved in the development, debug, bringup, and performance tuning of new graphics hardware running on Microsoft Windows Operating Systems. The position will involve interfacing with ASIC design engineers and architects, OS engineers and peers in related development teams.
Specifically, position will be for development and support of DX12 DXR Ray Tracing feature.
We are looking for strong developers with Windows drivers and 3D graphics experience to work with GPU driver team in Boxborough, MA. The individual will be a member of a team where communication and team skills are highly valued.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills
- Experience programming and optimizing games
- 3D graphics driver knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of computer hardware architecture and organization
- D3D or OpenGL graphics application knowledge and experience
- Windows development experience
- OS and performance knowledge and experience
- Experience with parallel programming
- interact directly with and debug low level hardware and operating system functionality
- Familiarity with performance analysis tools
- Good communication skills and an ability to communicate well with teams around the globe
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Passionate about all aspects of good software engineering and new technologies
- Experience with aspects of ray tracing, including BVH and plane-ray intersections
- Related experience with ray tracing and/or graphics driver development
- Excellent programming skills, especially low level C/C++
- General familiarity with 3D Graphics
- General familiarity with PC architecture
- Strong communication skills
- Direct3D or Vulkan experience
- General familiarity with x86 assembler language and x86/x64 CPU instructions
- Familiar with Git and Gerrit
- Degree in computer science/engineering or related discipline
- BS + 5-7 years or MS + 3-5 years or PhD + 1 year
Requisition Number: 101301
Country: United States State: Massachusetts City: Boxborough
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website