What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
SMTS Design Verification Engineer
The Unified Memory Controller(UMC) is an IP that delivers into all SOCs that are shipped by AMD's Radeon Technology Group. We deliver discrete graphics, Data Center GPUs and Game Console APUs using a flexible controller design as the base for all our IP. We are looking for a design verification engineer in the Dram Controller IP at AMD. You will be working in a fast-paced, complex environment where you will be challenged to provide elegant, robust solutions for increasingly complex features.
What You'll Be Doing
- Work with designers, architects to create and execute test plans using various verification methodologies
- Develop/Enhance UVM testbench components > test cases, monitors, scoreboards and sequences for new features/projects
- Drive debug/closure of regression signatures using waveform viewer and output files, collaborate with RTL designers and testbench owners to fix bugs.
- Develop quality, timely and cost effective solutions independently.
- Contribute to testbench and/or IT infrastructure, helping to build a reliable, scalable, and flexible verification environment.
- Mentor junior engineer in the team
What We Need To See
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering with at least 3 years of work experience in digital integrated circuit (IC) design verification or other equivalent experience.
- Strong knowledge in Verilog, System Verilog, and Object-Oriented Programming
- Experience with UVM or similar Verification Methodology
- Strong Computer Architecture knowledge
- Strong coding skills in Python/Perl or other industry-standard scripting languages
- Experience working in a team environment through the ASIC Project lifecycle from Planning to Tape Out
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as in a cross-site team environment
Ways To Stand Out From The Crowd
- Prior experience with DRAM controllers and DDR phys.
- Building UVM test benches from scratch
- Experience with mentoring and technical leadership
Requisition Number: 124382
Country: United States State: California City: Roseville
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website