What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
You will be a key member of the x86 firmware engineering group, developing the next generation of opensource based architecture for upcoming AMD APUs and CPUs. Working alongside architects and peers, you will engage in all aspects of software development, including design, implementation, and validation. The ideal candidate is very comfortable developing low-level firmware with expertise in C, and a strong background in software engineering principles.
AMD's environment is results oriented and built upon open communication fostering innovation. Your peers are highly motivated, self-learning and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills, readily takes initiative and is able to collaborate effectively.
- Engage in x86 firmware development leveraging C, closely interact with immediate team members and architects across AMD.
- Design, implement, debug, and validate features on reference hardware, pre-silicon emulation and simulation environments supporting AMD APUs and CPUs.
- Actively participate in design reviews, code reviews and project planning sessions.
- Able to work under tight deadlines, responding to changing business and technical needs.
- Work closely with peers; leveraging excellent communication skills: verbal, written and interpersonal.
- Experience in low level firmware development
- Expert in C; knowledge of x86 assembly and CPU architecture
- Background in UEFI, coreboot or other host firmware environments
- Hands-on experience with industry standard tools: source control, debuggers and compilers including MSFT and/or GCC.
- Experience applying SW engineering principles: Modularity, Scalability and Maintainability.
- Contributions to opensource projects.
- PCI Express features and specifications; Link training configuration, enumeration and resource allocation.
- Computer architecture, memory interleaving, system memory maps and NUMA domain concepts.
- Protocols: SPI, I2C, UART, USB, I3C
BS-CS/BS-EE or MS-CS/MS-EE
Requisition Number: 133861
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website