What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
We are currently looking for an experienced ASIC Design & Design Verification (DV) Engineer to become a key member of a team generating Graphics IP in Markham.
- Working with architects & customersto develop specifications
- Leading & mentoring a focused design & DV sub-team for a 3D Graphics IP core
- Writing design specifications & DV test plans
- Designingsophisticated low-power & high-speed RTL IP from scratch(arbiters, FIFOs, FSMs, TLB, caches, ...)
- Runningleading-edge synthesis, static timing analysis, logic equivalency, and formal verification tools
- Linting RTL and clock-domain crossings
- Coding UVM assertion-basedtest-benches to verify the design
- Writing test stimulus for 100% functional & code coverage
- Debugging complex system-level simulations
- Modelling the design in C/C++
- Applying complex ECOs
- Emulating the design on FPGA-based systems
- Resolving silicon bring-up design issues
- Working with other leads to develop practical schedules
- Knowledge of 3D graphics processing pipelines is highly desired
- 5+ years of relevant ASIC Verilog RTL design & DV experience
- Experience working with Synopsys VCS & waveform viewers
- Expert programming skills in C/C++
- Proficiency with Unix/Linuxprogramming & scripting tools (tcl, perl, csh)
- Solidexperience with UVM, hardware modeling, assertions, and formal verification methods
- Good verbal & written communication, organization, analytical and leadership skills are essential
- Needs to be a self-starter and able to independently drive tasks to completion
- Expected to adopt toevolving design & verificationmethodologies used in the industry to functionally verify increasingly more complex SoC designs within aggressive, market-driven schedules
- Must enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment located in Markham but interacting with multiple sites in North America and worldwide
- BS + 8 years or MS + 6 years or PhD + 2-3 years Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
Preference will be given to candidates already located in the Greater Toronto Area. This team is essential to the success of AMD. It is a very exciting environment where you will be working with the best in ASIC technology, while working on some of the most exciting and complex projects the industry has to offer.
Requisition Number: 74989
Country: Canada State: Ontario City: Markham
Job Function: Design
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Apply on company website