WHAT YOU DO AT AMD CHANGES EVERYTHING
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities, and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world's most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence while being direct, humble, collaborative, and inclusive of diverse perspectives.
AMD together we advance_
SMTS SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
The ideal candidate should be passionate about software engineering and possess leadership skills to drive sophisticated issues to resolution. Able to communicate effectively and work optimally with different teams across AMD.
- Work with AMD's architecture specialists to improve future products
- Apply a data minded approach to target optimization efforts
- Stay informed of software and hardware trends and innovations, especially pertaining to algorithms and architecture .
- The engineers primary development activity is to work on development of U-boot and TF-A.
- Participating in new ASIC and hardware bring ups
- Debugging/fix existing issues and research alternative, more efficient ways to accomplish the same work
- Develop technical relationships with peers and partners
7 to 10 years experience in U-boot driver development or Linux Drivers Development or embedded driver experience.
7 to 10 years experience in C programming.
Good System Level knowledge of ARM based SOCs.
Good debugging skills.
Usage of scripting and AMD (classic Xilinx) Tools like Petalinux, Vivado, Vitis is an as added advantage
- Experience with software development processes and tools such as debuggers, source code control systems (GitHub) and profilers is a plus
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent with 10+yrs of exp
Benefits offered are described: AMD benefits at a glance.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
Apply on company website