What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
This is an exciting role in which you will have great exposure to all the latest technologies in the computer graphics industry – 3D Gaming, Display Technologies, Compute, Digital Content Creation, Virtual Reality….you name it. Imagine yourself as part of the team that will help deliver our next generation of computer graphics products like our line of Radeon GPU's for Gaming and Enterprise market segments – This is a great opportunity to work in a unique company like AMD.
As part of the RTG (Radeon Technology Group) Software Quality Assurance, in the Gaming and Workstation QA division you will participate in various phases of the software QA lifecycle including but not limited to:
- Execution of manual and automated tests for new product/SW features before releasing to customers
- Report on and work very closely with dev teams and project management to drive defects to closure.
- Ability to come up with ideas to improve current process and practices are valued. If you are a self-starter, ideas which benefit the organization are encouraged to get implemented.
- Contribute to the optimization and improvements in our validation strategies and validation content
- 3 years relevant hands-on experience in high tech industry working in software development lifecycles.
- Passionate about PC Gaming and latest Computer Graphics technologies
- Knowledge/experience with enterprise level software and content creation suites
- Good knowledge and hands on experience in PC configuration (both Software and Hardware) with methods of Troubleshooting
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience with Windows and Linux platforms
- Self-starter able to achieve successful outcomes in a non-hierarchical environment, with minimal supervision or direction.
- Detail oriented; ability to multitask through planning/organizing.
- Excellent Communication and Presentation skills
- Scripting/automation experience a plus
- CAD/DCC experience a plus
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree
Requisition Number: 114301
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Apply on company website