What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
System Performance Product Lead - 75916
As a Product Engineer in our Systems Performance Engineering team, you'll ensure our CPU and APU implementations deliver the Best Possible Product. Your program management skills will help provide the tactical execution structure for your product, your ability to work across teams will ensure full engagement with design and other teams to drive the timely resolution of problems, and your curiosity will drive your learning and innovation to improve how we as a group and an organization get better every day. Our work encompasses the breadth and depth of Client CPU and GPU technologies & workloads, and your peers will provide you a challenging and supportive environment for your career growth, fueling your opportunity to be a part of Delighting Our Customers. Also, we at AMD are Gamers, so if you like Extreme Performance, you'd love our team.
• Own the performance/watt assessment & attainment for a given Client APU/CPU product with continuous test, debug, analysis, & defect resolution throughout the course of a project
• Own hardware & resource planning for your product space for your needs
• Author and Implement strategies & test plans for product-specific performance/watt, feature, and target market spaces as appropriate; identify risks & build mitigation plans
• Hands-on debug & root cause performance and power challenges; collaborating with peer teams to analyze behaviors and resolve issues
• Engage with cross-functional leadership to integrate your deliverables with project work streams
• Support cross-functional technical teams with targeted ad hoc analyses through hands-on testing
• Develop strong partnerships with program stakeholders across the organization and development partners
• Collaborate with other engineers on common program test & debug activities and process improvements
• Product development with hardware platforms and their software & firmware ecosystems.
• Experience in the PC architecture space and familiarity with hands-on system setup & testing.
• Direct technical experience on APU/CPU system performance analysis and micro-architectural power management
• Excellent verbal communication and written, presentation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, analytical, planning, and technical management skills.
• Proven ability to deliver large cross-functional technical deliverables
• Experience working in a fast-paced matrixed technical organization and multi-site environment
• Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or Computer or Electrical Engineering preferred with 10 to 8-12+ years industry experience
• Austin, Texas
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website