What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
As a Channel Technical Sales Lead, you will be accountable for driving the distribution technical sales teams within an assigned territory with the goal of accelerating revenue. You will be directly engaged in with distribution technical sales at key top accounts, driving the activities and priorities of distribution technical sales in all other accounts, and assessing overall capability and performance of the team. As the lead, you will be expected to create compelling proposals solving business challenges for our customers. You will be responsible for creating, planning and executing on an effective implementation strategy, mitigating customer risk and reducing time to project completion.
Travel is estimated at 50%
- Partner with AMD regional sales manager to understand account prioritization, challenges, and opportunities within the region
- Develop comprehensive technical sales strategies for top accounts
- Manage and lead distribution technical sales personnel, ensuring training, processes, and strategies are being seamlessly implemented
- Evaluate performance and capability of distribution technical sales personnel
- Assist distribution technical sales in creating comprehensive proposals and technical risk mitigation strategies
- Ensure ongoing communication with sales teams to understand customer challenges, share worldwide experiences with new products and tools adoption, provide feedback to the factory
- Be a point contact for regional distribution technical sales, bridging knowledge gaps
- Develop and execute a plan to increase distribution technical sales team knowledge and skills with new products, critical applications, solutions, tools and advanced design methodologies
- Drive EMEA growth initiatives
The candidate must have an understanding of semiconductor basics along with FPGA and ASIC fundamentals gained through minimum of 7 years of experience working as a chip designer, field application engineer, or other role closely tied to the development of complex, chip-based systems.
Project management experience and expertise is a must.
Customer interaction and involvement in the sales process are also key attributes needed for the position. Hands-on design experience with FPGA (Xilinx or Altera) and/or ASIC products with particular emphasis on the design flow will also be beneficial.
The candidate must have the following:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to rapidly establish rapport and credibility
- Be a teamwork player
- Ability to collaborate across different groups having varying levels of expertise and skill, and a work ethic geared to assist Xilinx field and factory personnel with providing the best overall solution to customers
- Ability to interact and be persuasive with varying levels of management from working level through VP
- Capable of leading groups of design and application engineers to assess issues, recommend solutions, and resolve complex issues
- Be detail oriented with a focus on follow-through and successful execution
- Working knowledge of industry standard languages and design tools
- Verilog and/or VHDL, C/C++, Perl/Tcl; simulation, synthesis, implementation, etc. (e.g., Xilinx ISE, Altera Quartus, Mentor, Cadence …)
- Embedded software knowledge is a plus
- BS in computer or electrical engineering fields required
Requisition Number: 175612
Country/Region/Location: Germany State/Province: Bavaria City: Munich
Job Function: Field Application Engineering/ Field Sup
Apply on company website