Join Our Team! American Financial Network, Inc. (“AFN”) has the immediate need for a full-time Funder.
Under the direction of the Funding Manager the Funder has comprehensive knowledge of policies and procedures to prepare to fund various types of complex loan products; review signed closing documents for accuracy and completeness; obtain necessary documentation to complete the loan file in order to disburse funds to escrow.
Gathers enough information to allow a trustworthy assessment of risks and benefits of alternative approaches in any decision. Stays focused on objectives and considers both the short-term and longer-term impact of decisions and keeps objectives in mind throughout the process.
Builds rapport and develops alliances with various people within the organization levels to meet the needs of clients. Forms alliances by demonstrating concern and respect for others
Handles multiple assignments and priorities yet still fulfills all commitments. Readily accepts new responsibilities and adapts well to changes in procedures. Gives appropriate priorities to various work demands.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare final loan documentation and support the funding functions of the lending department.
- Audit loan file and lock confirmation to prepare final loan documents.
- Contact the escrow company to coordinate document method of delivery.
- Review loan documents for funding and regulatory compliance.
- Prepare collateral packages for shipment to warehouse bank.
- Prepare shipping packages for shipment to investor.
- Review funding conditions to ensure a complete file.
- Initiate funding requests with the warehouse bank.
- Communicate final funding figures to escrow.
- Assists production staff in working through funding challenges.
- Propose enhancements to existing processes and procedures to improve operating efficiency.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Funding Manager
- At least 2+ years recent funding experience.
- FHA experiences a plus.
- Solid understanding of loan products, loan documentation, title and escrow required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Strong knowledge of Encompass preferred.
What We Provide:
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Vacation/Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
Who We Are:
American Financial Network, Inc. is a unique force in the mortgage market. We are one of the nation's largest privately held mortgage companies with the resources necessary to compete on a national level with the largest publicly held banks. AFN maintains speed to decision, responsive communication and flexibility through its private ownership and flat organizational structure. We are a team of dynamic, visionary and opportunistic professionals that thrive on the utilization of teamwork and technology to outperform our competition. We are driven by a vision of being a market leader through creating the ultimate in customer service and being consistently better by always seeking new ways to improve.
We're Proud of our Accomplishments!
- Top 100 Mortgage Companies in America by Mortgage Executive Magazine
- 50 Best Companies to Work For by Mortgage Executive Magazine
- Top Mortgage Employer by National Mortgage Professional Magazine
- Top 10 Mortgage Company in Customer Satisfaction by Social Survey
- America's Fastest Growing Companies by Inc 5000
- Most Powerful Women in Mortgage and Women of Influence awarded to our EVP of Operations by National Mortgage Professional Magazine & Housing Wire Magazine
American Financial Network, Inc. NMLS #237341 is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website