SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Responsible for servicing branches and customers and managing assigned product lines
- Achieve and maintain a high level of service to branches and customers including timely, accurate responses to inquiries and providing exceptional service to satisfy exceptional needs.
- Manage assigned product lines for maximum service level within established inventory guidelines.
- Perform a variety of duties involved in processing requisitions, purchase orders and maintaining assigned records in accordance with established procedures and practices.
- Review vendor open orders and expedite as needed. Perform computer receiving functions as required. Prepare list of overstock, inactive or obsolete items for return to vendors for credit in accordance with obsolescence policy. Coordinate with corporate purchasing in processing vendor returns. Meet with vendors to become familiar with services and items offered.
- Research and investigate branch questions pertaining to various shipments and make recommendations where appropriate.
- Respond to requests from branches, corporate or other sources for most competitive prices; anticipated delivery dates; and expedite orders as needed. Check stock records and packing slips to ensure accuracy of inventory. Process vendor debit memos as required to correct vendor shipping errors. Review acknowledgments from vendors and record for future follow-up.
- Review automatic order forms to ascertain status of individual purchased items. In keeping with established determination of maximum order expectations for a given time period, decide on basis of present sales effort, items that must be purchased to maintain appropriate inventory levels. Check purchase orders for accuracy before approving.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Equivalent to high school plus specialized training in customer service techniques. Over one year through three years experience.
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading value-added distributor and technical solutions provider of industrial motion, fluid power, flow control, automation technologies, and related maintenance supplies. Our leading brands, specialized services, and comprehensive knowledge serve MRO and OEM end users in virtually all industrial markets through our multi-channel capabilities that provide choice, convenience, and expertise.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.
Apply on company website