Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Manager of General Accounting – Canada shall hold responsibility for managing the overall accounting of Applied Industrial Technologies (Canada). The Manager of General Accounting - Canada will be responsible for directing and managing the company's accounting functions specific to Canada, including establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures as well as the preparation of financial statements and reporting to management. The Manager of General Accounting – Canada is also responsible for maintaining the company's accounting systems and implementing changes as required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Oversight of all accounting operations including the review of journal entries, account reconciliations, payroll, statutory reporting, providing advice and guidance on all accounting matters.
- Establish and monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements as well as company policies and procedures.
- Provide strategic analysis as required to drive improved decision making.
- Work with internal and external auditors on an as requires basis.
- Prepare and present financial information for monthly reports as needed.
- Responsible for Implementation and management of internal controls with respect to financial policies, processes and procedures.
- Lead and influence the accounting team, ensuring accountability for setting and adhering to team priorities.
- Coordinating the year-end audit related requests and inquiries.
- Coordinates all other customer and government audits.
- Other related duties and required or assigned.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess the following qualifications:
- 5 years of professional accounting experience.
- University degree in Business/Accounting, with advanced degree or professional accounting designation (such as CPA) preferred.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management in publicly traded companies.
- Proficient communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are vital to the role.
- Experience overseeing audits performed by external audit firms.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Excel.
- Management and or supervisory experience.
- Good project management skills and the ability to motivate teams to produce quality work within tight timeframes.
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to make the necessary decisions to move forward the work at hand.
- Knowledge of SAP systems and Blackline is preferred.
- Excellent leadership, communication, presentation, problem solving and organizational skills are essential.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading value-added distributor and technical solutions provider of industrial motion, fluid power, flow control, automation technologies, and related maintenance supplies. Our leading brands, specialized services, and comprehensive knowledge serve MRO and OEM end users in virtually all industrial markets through our multi-channel capabilities that provide choice, convenience, and expertise.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.
Apply on company website