Why join us?
Applied is listed as one of the World's Best Employers by Forbes for 2021. We have earned the Outstanding Employer Support award from the US Navy and we are a GSA approved vendor.
Applied has been fortunate to retain associates who have built long lasting careers. 25% of our U.S. team has 20+ years of service!
In addition to competitive pay and all the benefits you'd expect from an industry leader (401K with company match, insurance, company vehicle, time off, employee assistance, tuition reimbursement, etc.) you will also enjoy:
A LASTING CAREER – Career paths are available in sales, management, and operations throughout the country
Professional development and training
Team oriented company culture where it's called work for a reason but have fun in the process
Join a local team with company backing
As a Senior Belt Technician with Applied Industrial Technologies, you will perform a variety of duties within the shop, in the field, and at customer locations centered on installing, repairing, and replacing conveyor belts. It may be necessary at times to lead a crew of technicians to successfully complete a job as well as to mentor lower level technicians as they develop.
- Build/repair, fabricate, install, and vulcanize duties with rubber components and conveyor belting (lightweight and heavyweight). Install all types of splices, splice materials, and all related installation tools. Perform hot and cold repairs
- Successfully lead up to a five man crew on a field installation or repair of conveyor belting at a customer facility. This includes completing timesheets and expense reports accurately and on time
- Train belt techs as part of their ongoing development
- Work as a liaison between the customer, Rubber Product Specialist, and the team of technicians on a job to ensure customer requirements are met, splice directions are followed, and to relay belt condition/issues/problems when required
- Conduct belt audits and perform pulley lagging as required
- Observe all proper quality, safety rules and regulations.
- 3+ years proven experience as a Belt Technician. Lightweight and /or heavyweight conveyor belting installation / vulcanizing preferred.
- Basic math skills and work with a tape measure.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds or more on a frequent basis. Able to work in tight spaces or at heights for an extended period of time.
- As this is a DOT location, you must be at least 21 years of age.
- Current driver's license with the ability to drive truck and trailer combinations; CDL Class A license preferred.
- Must be able to pass a background check, drug test, DOT physical, and have a clean driving record.
- Ability to travel 75% of the time as well as to work a variety of schedules including overtime, on-call, nightshift, weekends, and holidays.
As a Senior Belt Tech with Applied Industrial Technologies, you will be part of a stable and established company. We are committed to our employees' professional development and will provide you with ongoing training as well as boundless opportunities for advancement
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied® provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.
Apply on company website