Join one of the best companies to work for in Northeast Ohio. Applied Industrial Technologies is a 19-time winner of the NorthCoast 99 best places to work in Cleveland. Headquartered in Midtown Cleveland, we are a Fortune 1000 company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: AIT). With over $3.2 billion in annual sales we are one of the largest industrial distributors in the world.
Benefits include: health, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, free secured parking, onsite fitness center, cafeteria, tuition reimbursement, bonus opportunity and career development opportunities.
Our Legal Department seeks a Trade Compliance Analyst with knowledge of U.S. trade compliance and U.S. export/import regulations who thrives in a fast-paced, high-performing, and collaborative environment to join its team. This is a high visibility position with the opportunity to partner not only in the Legal Department but across the business and other corporate departments in the Company. This position will report to Applied's Assistant General Counsel.
Act as Company liaison with various regulators, provide training to applicable Company personnel in export and import compliance, and ensure that the Company has the appropriate systems and processes in place to demonstrate compliance. Support import and export activities through monitoring and maintaining the Company's compliance program. Ensure compliance with import and export laws, including training and monitoring systems and processes to meet/exceed standards.
- Support daily operations by providing guidance to Company on export requirements and facilitating release of export orders as needed.
- Research products to ensure timely and accurate U.S. Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) and Schedule B and ECCN classifications and complete AES filings.
- Perform regular assessments of export documentation and AES filings to identify and mitigate potential risks.
- Conduct analysis required to qualify products for preferential duty programs, such as USMCA or other free trade agreement programs.
- Assist with export and import compliance program development, implementation, training, and related projects as required.
- Manage the preparation, implementation and modification of export/import license applications, agreements, and exemption/exception usage to support program execution and business opportunities.
- Conduct denied party screenings and research potential matches in the Company's restricted party screening tool.
- Ensure export records are being maintained and audited as required by EAR.
- Assist in developing, implementing and maintaining processes, tools and forms required to support export operations and ensure compliance with Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC) and other applicable regulations.
- Assist in developing and conducting regular export and import compliance awareness training to communicate and reinforce compliance processes and procedures.
- Maintain Company international trade compliance policy and location-specific procedural manuals.
- Proven experience in US export and/or import regulatory compliance
- Working knowledge of HTS, Schedule B, ECCN classifications and / or denied party screening preferred
- Proven ability to work with and coordinate activities at all levels within the organization
- Written and verbal communication skills, including English grammar
- Computer knowledge including MS Office products
- Ability to communicate findings and translate data into understandable formats and documentation
- Attention to detail, multi-tasking, prioritizing, sense of urgency, sense of humor
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in a fast paced, fluid culture
- Proven track record of sound judgment and decision-making
- Bachelor's or Associate degree preferred; relevant experience may substitute for formal degree
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied® provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.
Apply on company website