Summary of Position:
The Houseperson is responsible for assuring cleanliness of guest walkways, foyers, stairwells and public vending areas, as well as assisting Suite Attendants in order to maintain Resort standards of quality.
- Empty Suite Attendant carts of soiled linen and trash during VIP turndowns.
- Vacuum, sweep and/or mop walkways, stairwells, vending areas, foyers and lobbies.
- Fulfill all guest requests for ironing boards, hairdryers, etc.
- Clean and remove spots from walls and doors.
- Assure storage and linen rooms are in impeccable order for the following morning.
- Assure all glasses are washed for the following morning.
- Assist in loading of dirty linen for outside laundry service.
- Assist Suite Attendants with removal of trash and linen from guest suites during high occupancy turnover.
- Assist shampooers with relocation of furniture.
- Respond to guest questions. Provide guest assistance, directions and information as requested.
- Report all suspicious persons or activities, hazardous conditions, etc. to the Safety and Security Department.
- Provide instruction and/or guidance for guests and associates safety in fire or other emergencies.
- And any other assignments given by the Housekeeping Management Team, Housekeeping Coordinators and Resort Management Team.
Experience: Previous janitorial experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to comprehend the English language sufficient to understand and communicate information for reasons such as safety and security, product safety labels and emergency instructions.
- Knowledge of stain removal and chemical cleaning agents and operation of different types of equipment.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, walk, push or pull heavy equipment, and stand for extended periods. Lifting may include equipment or furniture weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions from supervisor.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, general knowledge of the English language required.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
Apply on company website