Medical Assistant, Gerontology
Winston Salem , NC, United States
Are you a dedicated and compassionate Credentialed Medical Assistant (CMA/RMA) looking to make a significant impact on patient care? Look no further than Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist. We are thrilled to invite talented CMAs to become an integral part of our renowned healthcare team, where cutting-edge medical advancements meet unwavering patient-centered care. Join our team and make a significant impact on patient care while advancing your career in a collaborative and dynamic academic learning healthcare environment!
- Shift Schedule: Full time (40 hours), Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5pm
- Department: Gerontology
- Location: 2895 Shorefair Dr NW,
Winston-Salem, NC 27105
What We Offer:
- Day 1 Health Coverage: Amazing health insurance with the option of copay or HSA eligible plans
- Wellness Incentives: Up to $1,350/year in wellness incentives through our LiveWELL program
- Education:Eligible for our Prepaid College Tuition Assistance program (up to $5,250/year)!
- Parental Benefits: Six weeks paid birthing-mother maternity leave & four weeks paid parental leave
- Retirement: Up to 7% employer-paid retirement contributions
How You'll Impact Patient care:
As a CMA, your job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring exceptional patient care and efficient medical operations.
- Managing various clerical tasks, scheduling appointments, and assisting medical staff in examinations and procedures.
- Conducting patient interviews, vital sign recording, and meticulous documentation.
- Setting up examination rooms, administering medications, and complying with infection prevention policies.
- Maintaining medication records and adhering to point of care testing policies for seamless healthcare delivery.
Overall, your contributions to the healthcare team will enhance patient experience and support the Medical Center's mission and values!
What You'll Need:
- High School Diploma or GED; Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting preferred.
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) Provider certification from American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- Current Medical Assistant certification from one of the following is required:
- CMA from American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- CCMA from National Health career Association (NHA)
- NCMA from National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- RMA from American Medical Technologists (AMT).
- RMA from American Allied Health
- NCMSMA from National Healthcare Worker's Association (NHCWA)
- NRCMA from National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP)
- NRMA from National Registry of Medical Assistants (NRMA)
If you're passionate about delivering holistic care, embracing innovation, and working alongside a team of dedicated medical professionals, we invite you to explore the exciting opportunities that await you at Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist. APPLY TODAY!
Apply on company website