Job Req ID: 194245
Position Number: 00146077
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: M-F, 1st
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: IAS CORE Analytics
Location: CHS Corporate Operations
Location Details: Research Office Building
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
The Director of Research - Biostatistics will plan, direct, evaluate and manage the Research Biostatistics department in CORE Analytics, including a team of biostatisticians. As Lead Statistician, this person will supervise and provide leadership to design, implement and analyze research protocols in collaboration with Physician and Scientist Investigators across Atrium and will provide biostatistics expertise to develop grant applications. The Director of Research – Biostatistics will develop, promote and deliver biostatistics education to medical practitioners and CORE Analytics team members and will participate as a contributing member to CORE Analaytics leadership team. Directs and supervises an active research group and participates fully in the educational and research activities of the department. To learn more about CORE, please click here. About CORE
- Directs and conducts independent, basic clinical and/or translational research studies of neurobehavioral development.
- Supervises administrative staff and research coordinators and directs clinical research activities of child development program coordinators. Mentors undergraduate research interns from local universities.
- Publishes in peer-reviewed scientific journals and other high-quality scientific outlets.
- Contributes to general departmental training, understanding and consulting on issues relevant to behavior and development.
- Participates in fulfilling RRC and ACGME requirements for child advocacy.
- Provides in-service training to nursery staff and other interested groups. Contributes to behavior and development training in family practice and other interested departments.
- Leads a complex, highly-skilled team or teams of research, statistical, technical and/or business analysts/
- Demonstrates thought leadership by acquiring and maintaining industry and market intelligence on local, regional and national healthcare issues impacting the System.
- Coaches and mentors team
- Demonstrates superior influencing skills with peers, customers and executives
Works in a fast paced research and administrative environment. This position requires the ability to stand, walk, sit, lift, speak, hear, and use telephone. Is responsible for working in a safe manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
PhD in Biostatistics or Statistics or closely related field required.
Experience leading and mentoring a team.
Minimum 8 years experience in research, including oversight of research groups and professional experience in the healthcare/medical field.
Thorough knowledge of SAS and experience with database development
Experience with R and other programming languages
Extensive technical writing experience required.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
Apply on company website