Job Req ID: 236591
Position Number: 00073040
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: Monday-Friday 1st shift
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Accounting - Reimbursement
Location: CHS Corporate Operations
Location Details: Airport Center Parkway
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Oversees the preparation of financial and statistical Medicare, Medicaid, and Tricare Cost reports for outside agencies with a view of properly attaining all available reimbursement, complying with government regulations, assisting in third-party audits and checking the accuracy of all data used by third-party payors for reimbursement.
- Analyzes financial and statistical data used in the Medicare, Medicaid, and Tricare Cost Reports to determine accuracy, consistency from year to year, compliance with government regulations and effect on the institution's third party reimbursement areas, including but not limited to, Wage Index, Medical Education, Organ Acquisition, DSH, and Bad Debt.
- Participates in and suggests areas where formal appeals to third-party and governmental agencies are warranted.
- Manages all reimbursement analysts and reimbursement associates.
- Assists in the preparation of special cost study analyses and in the accumulation of certain statistical data used to determine reimbursement impact on Medicare and Medicaid cost reports.
- Informs leadership reimbursement issues.
- Reviews proposed adjustments by third party auditors for compliance with the regulations and accuracy of the proposed adjustments. Provides responses to inquiries made by third party auditors.
Work requires lifting and moving reports and notebooks weighing up to 10 pounds. Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines. Must have the ability to move freely among departments located in various buildings on and off the main hospital campus, as well as other facilities. Majority of the day is spent sitting down.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related area is required. Comprehensive knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid Cost Report reimbursement rules and regulations required and a minimum of 5 years experience required.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer
Apply on company website