Job Req ID: 202589
Position Number: 00071698
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: 40 hours per week-M-F with rotating weekends and holidays, 2nd shift 3:30p-12a
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Core Lab - Microbiology
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Location Details: 5040 Airport Center Parkway, Charlotte, NC 28208
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
MULTIPLE OPPORTUNITES AVAILABLE FOR ASCP CERTIFIED MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST/MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST
Highlights of this opportunity
- Incentives/ bonuses and / or relocation assistance may be offered for eligible positions.
- Accredited by the College of American Pathologist, Carolinas Laboratory Network is one of the region's most extensive lab testing organizations providing testing in: Chemistry and Toxicology, Cytology, Cytogenics, Hematology and Coagulation, Histology, Immunology and Flow Cytometry, Microbiology, Mycology and Virology, Molecular Pathology, and Transfusion Services.
Performs laboratory analysis on received specimens, providing clinical information for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases. Responsible for overall quality, efficiency, and safety in the performance of assigned technical duties.
- Demonstrates proficiency and follows testing procedures and policies by adherence to quality assurance guidelines for equipment and work area, documenting corrective action to any non-conforming event.
- Prepares reagents, maintains an adequate supply of materials for test procedures and manages inventory to effectively reduce departmental waste/expense.
- Exercises clinical judgment in assessing priorities while identifying, problem solving and offering solutions to test systems through the appropriate department channels, i.e. contacts hotline to troubleshoot with a specialist when necessary to resolve the issue or set-up service when appropriate.
- Assists with review and revision of procedures and documentation related to accreditation, adhering to all regulatory requirements for various authorities, including but not limited to CAP, TJC, OSHA.
- Maintains clear, real time communications shift-to-shift and with leadership regarding issues, concerns and problems which may affect patient care or the operation of the department.
- Participates in planning and implementing change through participation in staff meetings, task forces or projects.
- Participates in competency assessment program, where qualified.
Works in a fast-paced clinical environment. Works in an area which contains bio hazardous (infectious) materials along with chemical, fire, and mechanical hazards. Duties may involve standing, walking, stretching, stooping, bending and lifting light (20 pound) to moderately heavy (50 pound) loads.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree MT (ASCP) or MLS(ASCP) or equivalent required.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
Apply on company website