PFS Associate Director, Patient Accounts Receivable
40 hours per week, day shift
JOB SUMMARY: Manages revenue cycle operations, including developing and implementing solutions to maximize collections, communicates departmental performance to Wake Forest Baptist Health Executives, resolves issues identified within the department, communicates performance standards/strategic goals, and provides leadership to managers and staff through training, mentoring, and performance evaluation.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Associate's degree with five years relevant experience required. Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Management or related field preferred. Experience with provider based billing preferred. Three years management experience. Understands Healthcare Finance Reports and financial statements. Demonstrates leadership in creating and implementing new processes.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: Certified Patient Account Manager (CPAM) by the American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management or Certified Financial Healthcare Professional (CFHP) by the Healthcare Financial Management Association preferred.
1. Oversees the management of workflow activities and the formulation of policies and procedures relating to assigned departmental functions. Responsible for monitoring collections and denial trends specifically significant changes and/or any anomalies. Monitors and interprets reports, including denial reports, monthly A/R reports and all other reports as necessary. Ensures the accuracy of net revenue and the timeliness and appropriateness of billing and collections. Reconciles accounts receivable balances to general ledger accounts as directed. Works closely with WFBMC IT resources and vendors to ensure the highest level of technology is being utilized throughout the PFS.
2. Oversees the evaluation and recommendations of programs and procedures for improved operations as well as modifications to and/or implementations of new procedures.
3. Ensures that all policies and procedures reflect compliance with government regulations.
4. Establishes long and short-term unit goals and objectives to support the PFS strategic plan.
5. Ensures that performance expectations are communicated to employees and that performance evaluations are fair and conducted in a timely manner.
6. Establishes quantitative and qualitative performance standards for area of responsibility, monitors and controls productivity and encourages innovations for improvement.
7. Reviews personnel productivity reports for quantity and quality of collection and billing efforts and provides feedback to the PFS Director.
8. Conducts regularly scheduled Supervisor / staff meetings to communicate issues regarding compliance with established procedures and overall work effectiveness.
9. Manages department in compliance with established policies and procedures of WFBH.
10. Develops and implements effective training programs to address training needs of the department and according to the mandates of government and contracted agencies, third parties and department standard operating procedures.
11. Oversees the development, implementation and control of departmental budgets. Oversees the justification of budget variances. Establishes annual goals jointly with PFS leadership.
12. Identifies and resolves problems in the revenue cycle processes and when appropriate, initiates changes to prevent future problems.
13. Works collaboratively with physician practice personnel as necessary.
14. Participates in all educational activities, and demonstrates personal responsibility for job performance. Takes initiative for learning new skills and demonstrates a willingness to participate and share expertise on projects, committees and other activities, as deemed appropriate.
15. Performs for other duties as assigned by the corporate leadership.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and all other third party billing guidelines
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in unusual or stressful situations
- Strong computer and math skills
- Demonstrates leadership in establishing and achieving goals
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Maintains stable performance under pressure
- Clean, comfortable, office environment
- Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people
- Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergencies
- Manages effectively exposure to potentially infectious material per OSHA guidelines
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
Apply on company website