Job Req ID: 195877
Position Number: 00012050
Employment Type: Full Time
Standard Hours: 38.50
Department Name: Physical Therapy
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealthJob Summary
Assists in performing patient care responsibilities in an inpatient acute level setting under the plan and supervision of a licensed physical therapist.
- Develops and implements a plan of care to meet patient needs, to include discharge planning and utilization of available resources.
- Applies modalities including ultrasound, electrical stimulation, hotpacks, whirlpool, traction, ice, paraffin, iontophoresis, and therapeutic massage under the direction of a physical therapist.
- Follows treatment plan as established by the physical therapist including educating patients in home exercise programs for all diagnoses.
- Supervises patient exercise programs on Isokinetic equipment, isotonic and aerobic equipment.
- Assesses/documents patient's medical needs and treatment.
- Responsible for cleaning treatment tables, whirlpools, and surrounding work areas, stocking of treatment areas with linen and supplies.
- Provides special exercise education classes.
- Responsibility for providing PT assistant student with educational opportunities, evaluating performance and supervising direct patient care.
- Provides coverage for the reception desk, checks-in and reschedules patients, and orders departmental supplies.
Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral / aural communication with patients, staff, family, visitors, etc. Vision (corrected) adequate for reading. Intelligible speech and adequate language/cognitive skills to perform job duties. Must be able to push patients in a wheelchair or stretcher. Lifting of patients, equipment or supplies will be required up to 20 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally. Able to laterally transfer patients 100 pounds rarely. Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day. Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead. Must be able to transfer patients. Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and activities to patients/caregivers. Work is in a fast-paced clinical environment. The work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally outdoors.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Associates Degree from an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant Program required. Requires current licensure as a PTA in the state of NC. Licensure in the state of SC required in some settings. Requires Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
Apply on company website