The Wake Forest Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) is a unified research organization designed to provide innovative, efficient, and sustainable infrastructure that accelerates the translation of discoveries to improve health. The CTSI supports faculty and staff conducting research at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center through the provision of creative tools and services while maintaining the highest standards for conducting safe and ethical research.
Coordinate a variety of research activities for assigned departments and provide faculty with administrative support facilitating the timely submission and subsequent post-award management for research endeavors to assure that all projects comply with institutional and sponsor requirements. The individual will serve as both the ombudsman and liaison to the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) to ensure better support and coordination of all facets of pre- and post-award research administration services.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent education and/or experience. Two years of experience with grant preparation and the management of grant budgets.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal effectively with faculty, staff and external sponsors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer literacy
1. Support faculty research interests and expertise by identifying appropriate potential sponsors and programs, communicating funding opportunity information to faculty by tracking information via computerized and written sources, and facilitating collaboration across faculty within the department.
2. Facilitate grant and/or contract submission by providing training and guidance to faculty members and department administrators. This includes the preparation and submission of applications, institutional requirements, and administrative processes as well as providing examples of various types of grant applications to investigators.
3. Help faculty: Obtain and review guidelines for requests for proposals and requests for applications to recruit and assist faculty grant applications; electronically submit applications to extramural funding agencies; finalize proposal submissions and better ensure completeness, adherence to sponsor and institutional requirements, and appropriateness of information prior to submission to OSP.
4. Work with departmental business administrators and departmental faculty to create a better awareness of funding opportunities and submission deadlines; help process grants to OSP.
Project Development/Proposal Submission:
5. Assist faculty in obtaining and coordinating proposal components from various participants when multi-investigator awards are submitted.
6. Work with departmental administration and faculty to create grant budgets from investigator outlines; prepare and assemble supporting documents to assist the Principal Investigator (PI) with the writing and completion of the budget justification.
7. Help create, coordinate and review subcontracts; help coordinate negotiation correspondence with management prior to transmittal or contact. Review and recommend approval of draft negotiation correspondences associated with basic research agreements.
8. Facilitate communications to departments by participating in training sessions, and preparing information for institutional publications related to research.
9. Under general supervision, act as a liaison for the department to the Office of Sponsored Programs and extramural funding agencies for contract and grant applications.
10. Reconcile expenses on extramural accounts; help prepare re-budgeting requests; compile and prepare financial progress reports; monitor spend rates; prepare financial reports to forecast grant awards; assist with incoming and outgoing subcontracts; document the acquisition of equipment; function as a liaison to OSP to assist with the coordination of sponsor updates of grant information; help coordinate time and effort reporting; prepare, submit and approve labor distribution changes.
11. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein; help facilitate the processing of IACUC, IRB, radiation safety, biosafety and other regulatory documents with faculty.
Apply on company website