Job Req ID: 234121
Position Number: 00169683
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: 7p-7a
Standard Hours: 36.00
Department Name: NSG - Float Pool
Location: Corporate Operations
Location Details: Union, Pineville, Main & Mercy
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealthJob Summary
Performs all aspects of direct respiratory care according to physicianï¿½s orders and/or approved protocols. Consults physicians on effectiveness of therapy and makes appropriate recommendations. Provides appropriate ventilator support and maintains and monitors other cardiopulmonary life support equipment. Maintains and properly utilizes respiratory care equipment.
- Demonstrates knowledge in various modes and methods of oxygen delivery and the equipment needed for each and can conduct prescribed therapeutic procedures to achieve adequate oxygenation.
- Administers therapeutic procedures, understanding the purpose and benefits, and possible effects associated with each.
- Performs diagnostic procedures as outlined in policy.
- Initiates, monitors and maintains mechanical ventilators and non-invasive ventilators and is aware of the critical care duties and effects of such therapy.
- Independently evaluates current therapies using appropriate judgment and protocols, making proper recommendations concerning plans of care and patient education needs.
- Documents therapy and results as required by hospital, department and regulatory agencies. Communicates information to appropriate members of the healthcare team.
- Initiates, conducts and modifies respiratory care techniques in an emergency setting.
- Performs and evaluates blood sampling analysis with a thorough understanding of the values, and the importance and treatment of abnormal results.
- Works independently in all patient care areas and assists co-workers with patient care whenever possible.
- Follows departmental safety guidelines. Completes all regulatory requirements.
- Completes annual proficiency evaluation of respiratory care equipment and procedures.
- Is proficient in the electronic medical records and its interface with the Respiratory Care Department.
Requires repetitive physical activity. Able to walk and stand to perform duties. Ability to lift materials 20-50 pounds. Ability to move patients of all age groups. Adequate hearing and eyesight is necessary. Exposures to working environment that may include odors, low lighting, and crowded working conditions.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate of an AMA-approved school of Respiratory Care. Associateï¿½s RRT or RRT Equivalent required, Bachelorsï¿½ degree preferred. Credentialed as a Registered Respiratory Therapist by the National Board for Respiratory Care. Licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner in the state of North Carolina. Basic Life Support for healthcare providers thru the American Heart Association. Advanced certifications per facility policy/standards. For free-standing Emergency Department and Virtual Critical Care, 2 yearsï¿½ critical care experience required.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer
Apply on company website