Job SummaryThe LifeShare Carolinas Tissue Recovery Coordinator assists with the evaluation and recovery of all tissues and eyes for transplantation or research. Responsible for donor evaluation, surgical recovery, storage and shipment of tissues to the processor(s). Responsible for decontamination and sterilization of all surgical instruments used during recoveries, and lab maintenance.
- Performs aseptic recovery of tissue including but not limited to eyes, bones, ligaments, tendons, heart for valves, saphenous vessels, and skin according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Lifts, positions and transports donors at the donor hospital, as well as the utilization of Surgical Sterile Technique for individual tissues as needed.
- Collects blood samples from donors and properly labels, packages and ships to the receiving lab
- Maintains donor and tissue records under the guidance of the QA Coordinator and the supervision of the Manager.
- Packages and arranges for pick-up of biohazard material and maintains the proper documentation of the discard of biohazard material.
Available to travel distances greater than 100 miles and function effectively in unfamiliar hospital environments. Must be able to push, pull or otherwise move heavy objects, and must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs. Must have good manual dexterity and visual acuity. Must be able to endure long periods of standing and walking.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Knowledge of abdominal and thoracic anatomy required. Associates Degree or Certified Tissue Bank Specialist (CTBS) certification preferred. Certified Surgical Technician, Emergency Medical Technician, Certified Eye Bank Technician, RN, or LPN preferred. Operating room experience preferred. Basic understanding of kidney anatomy, surgical dissection technique, suturing, vascular surgery, cellular metabolism and laboratory values within six months of employment required. CEBT may be required per department if processing in eye bank.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Apply on company website