The purpose of this position is to assist the Technologist with patient care and performing clerical duties.
- Completes and adheres to knowledge gained through annual employee education (CPR, competency, safety, etc.).
- Adheres to hospital policies of time and attendance.
- Offers input for the improvement of patient care.
- Maintains confidentiality of information regarding patient, employees, hospital, and physicians.
- Shows flexibility in working various shifts.
- Makes appropriate recommendations and/or participates in the implementation of change in order to improve overall quality of service.
- Recognizes self-responsibility and accountability for own practice.
- Works harmoniously with other healthcare personnel.
- Uses Personal Protective Equipment and utilizes standard precautions (former Universal Precautions) when performing tasks presenting the possibility of exposure to blood or body fluids.
- Demonstrates an awareness of the continuing changes taking place in the role of this job.
- Creates and fosters a work environment that is consistent with the Mission, Vision and Values of the Aultman Health Foundation.
- Supports strategic organizational goals.
- Abides by the Aultman Code of Conduct at all times.
- Identifies each patient and reviews each physician order for consistency of exam ordered with clinical diagnosis and all demographic information. Records pertinent data at all times. (Patient history, explanation of limited examination, etc.)
- Properly and safely positions the patient for maximum diagnostic yield.
- Assesses patient condition, ensures patient safety through proper use of support/immobilization devices, and proper transport/transfer technique with regard given to the age of the patient.
- Communicates all pertinent information to patient or person responsible.
- Explain exams/procedures to patients and address any questions or concerns.
- Performs POC creatinine testing on outpatients as needed.
- Clerical duties include answering the phone, scheduling house patients, coordinating add-ons and call backs, screening patients, and communicating with nursing regarding house patients.
Minimum Education High School Diploma
Minimum Experience Preferred one year experience in Health Care
Leadership Expertise Integrity, honesty, fairness, possesses vision
Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
Is able to handle emergency and other crisis situations
Subject to interruptions
Subject to long irregular hours
Sits, stands and moves intermittently during working hours
Physical movement; lifting, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling, reaching, kneeling, and climbing stairs
Hazardous Exposure Category
Category I – tasks that involve high risk to exposure of blood, body fluids, or tissues.
Apply on company website