PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary purpose of the lifeguard is to promote the safety of patients, fitness clients , and employees in the therapeutic pool area.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
· Keeps the UD informed of any significant problems or concerns.
· Responds to patient/family complaints.
· Orients new personnel to facility and procedures.
· Provides peer review of job performance of co-workers on a regular basis.
· Assists with the quality improvement program by reviewing, recommending or implementing quality improvement processes as needed or as directed.
· Assists with compliance of facility operations with federal, state and local rules and regulations.
· Consistently communicates with all patients, families, customers and other personnel in a professional, respectful and courteous manner.
· Demonstrates flexibility in meeting the needs of the program and responds positively to changes in workflow.
· Promotes teamwork by demonstrating willingness to assist others in meeting the needs of all individuals and collaborating effectively with the interdisciplinary team and other departments throughout the organization.
· Complies with infection control and safety policies.
· Completes annual competency requirements.
· Consistently communicates requests, suggestions, concerns or problems to the appropriate personnel.
· Consistently completes assigned responsibilities in required time frame and accepts additional duties and responsibilities as requested by UD.
· Consistently maintains a professional appearance.
· Maintains Aultman standards of confidentiality, including the HIPAA Privacy Rule.
· Creates and fosters a work environment that is consistent with the Mission, Vision and Values of the Aultman Health Foundation.
· Supports strategic organizational goals.
· Abides by the Aultman Code of Conduct at all times.
· Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills; strong organizational and problem-solving skills; ability to stimulate new ideas and create a positive work environment
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent to this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
· High school student or graduate, minimum of 16 years of age
· Current American Red Cross certified in Lifeguarding with First Aid
· Certified in CPR for the Professional Rescuer
· Hours of operation with shifts as assigned including occasional overtime, on-call or off-shifts (evenings and/or weekends) scheduled as necessary.
· Lunch and break periods must be coordinated with other staff members to maintain adequate staffing during hospice hours of operation.
· Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priority of duties throughout the day.
· Subject to emergency and other crisis situations
· Hazardous Exposure Category 2
· Sitting/standing/moving about during working hours (see attached Physical Requirements Addendum for details)
Apply on company website