Summary of major functions
The Patient Transporter II is responsible for transporting monitored non-critical patients to and from floors to any location for diagnostic testing etc. to alleviate the need for nurses to fulfill the policy requirement cardiac trained personnel to accompany monitored patients to maintain consistent standard of care.
The Patient Transport Technician must:
· Be a high school graduate or equivalent
· Have the ability to communicate effectively
· Work effectively with co-workers
· Move patients in beds or chairs effectively.
· Attend and pass competency in critical care EKG course
The Transport Technician is accountable to the Patient Transport Unit Director and the V.P of Support Services.
Position duties and responsibilities
1. Transport patients for scheduled appointments.
2. Transport patients from floor to floor.
3. Transport Patients for unscheduled appointments.
4. ER/Radiology transports
5. Will be trained in Cardiac monitoring
6. Attend and pass competency in critical care EKG course and refresher courses on an annual basis.
7. Able to communicate effectively and can read, write and follow oral and written instructions.
8. Willing to work rapidly and accurately to meet Patient needs.
9. Maintain CPR certification.
10. Observes Aultman Hospital dress code and wears identification badge.
11. Complies with hospital attendance standards.
Apply on company website