Memorial 6 North consists of 26 private rooms. It focuses on, but is not limited to, patients with renal disorders, and those under Hospitalist care. There are many stroke and diabetic patients on this unit. Other types of patients include: medical patients with a renal diagnosis, patients undergoing surgical or diagnostic renal procedures, patients receiving hemodialysis or continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis, post ICU or step-down transfer patients whose primary diagnosis is renal related and medical patients admitted to the unit under Hospitalist care.
BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide clinical leadership and direction of patient care, provide patient and family teaching, and work cooperatively within the interdisciplinary health care team in maintaining standards of nursing care within the framework of the Ohio Nurse Practice Act.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE JOB FUNCTIONS
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Collects comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or the situation
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or issue
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the patient or the situation
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes
- Implements the identified plan, coordinates care delivery, and employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes
- Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice
- Attains knowledge and competency that reflects current nursing practice
- Evaluates one's own nursing practice in relation to professional standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules and regulations
- Interacts with and contributes to the professional development of peers and colleagues
- Collaborates with patient, family, and others in the conduct of nursing practice
- Integrates ethical provisions in all areas of practice
- Integrates research findings into practice
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost, and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing services
- Provides leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession
- Graduate of state board approved School of Nursing.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Ohio
- Educational and experiential qualifications with consideration of the following:
- Education- BSN preferred
- Certification preferred for those meeting ANCC eligibility requirements
- Membership preferred in professional nursing organization
- Academic and experiential requirement as required by applicable federal, state and local law
- Proactively deal with constant change
- Prepared for an evolving healthcare environment that includes advanced technologies
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
JOB LOCATION AND SCHEDULING
- Varied locations and hours as required by the job
- Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priority of duties throughout the day.
- Sitting/standing/moving about during working hours
Apply on company website