SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Case Management Medical Social Worker PRNPer Diem (0.001 FTE)
Aventura Hospital and Medical CenterAventura, FL Facility Description:
Aventura Hospital and Medical Center, a facility of HCA's East Florida Division, is a fully accredited 407-bed acute care medical/surgery facility providing award-winning inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, medical, surgical and cancer services. In order to meet the needs of our ever-growing community we are a designated Level II Trauma Center and have broken ground on a $75.6M expansion project to increase emergency room capacity and bring a new patient tower and parking garage to Aventura Hospital and Medical Center.
Ideally located in luxurious South Florida, Aventura Hospital is home to a community rich with diversity and world class infused culture. Our prime location - nestled between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale - means you will be surrounded by the very best South Florida has to offer!
Aventura Hospital & Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. Historically HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence!Position Description:
Responsible for providing understanding of the social elements of patient's lives in relation to disability, illness, financial support, or other problems. Provides assistance to patients and their families to obtain maximum continuity of care and resources to adapt the patient care plan. Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in multidisciplinary teams.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to communicate with physician regarding discharge planning needs of the patient. Assists the physician to facilitate post-hospital care.
- Maintains current knowledge of resources available within the community, maintains supply of resource materials to be distributed to patients when needed. Is able to obtain other resources as needed.
- Communicates with family members and caretakers regarding the needs of the patient and anticipated plans. Interacts with appropriate healthcare professionals/family/patient in formatting a safe discharge plan.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of pyscho-social counseling for factors relating to illness as they pertain to any age of lifestyle.
- Treats patients and families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial needs of patient and family.
- Master's Degree in Social Work
- LCSW License preferred
- 1+ years of professional experience within acute hospital Social Work
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website