SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Come be a part of the change! Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
Aventura Hospital and Medical Center is an over 400-bed acute care facility providing award winning inpatient and outpatient services to the communities of northeast Miami-Dade and southeast Broward counties since 1965. We are a designated Level II Trauma Center that has been proudly providing a needed access point for trauma care services beginning in 2015. Our team is made up of more than 1,800 colleagues representing over 50 specialties. We are one of the few centers in Miami-Dade County to be certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by the State Agency of Health Care Administration, as well as a recipient of the American Heart Association's Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award.
Our PRN position is perfect for individuals who are interested in supplementing their income while gaining valuable experience with one of the largest healthcare systems in the country. As full or part-time opportunities come available in the department, PRN staff can apply and grow with us! Many current full-time employees started out as PRN! Benefits of working PRN:
- As needed schedule/flexible
- Earn while you learn new skills
- 401K eligible (with company match)
- Save money on everyday purchases with HCA Healthcare's Consumer Discount program
- Opportunity to transfer to full or part-time positions as they come available!
We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity!
As a Pharmacy Technician I PRN, you will be required to work evenings with rotating weekends. You will be responsible for accurately performing all advanced and basic pharmacy technician functions in a timely manner. In addition, they may be responsible for performing duties associated with Automated Dispensing Cabinets and other specialized duties as assigned by the pharmacy management team.
- Procures and distributes medications orders per physician request, pharmacist request, or prearranged work assignment according to established policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Accurately prepackages medications following departmental procedures.
- Prepare Sterile products to include: chemotherapy/hazardous drugs, parenteral products, sterile eye drops, irrigation solution and other sterile products
- Delivers medications and supplies to patient care and ancillary areas accurately per established schedule.
- Controlled substances are accurately dispensed with proper documentation.
- Counting discrepancies and suspected diversion is immediately brought to the attention of a pharmacist.
- Maintains adequate stock of medications and supplies according to established policies and procedures.
- Assist in ordering, receiving, unpacking, and storing pharmaceuticals and supplies in appropriate locations
What qualifications you will need:
- High school graduate or GED Required
- 2 years of related pharmacy tech experience, preferrred
- PTCB Certification, preferred
- Applicable State Board of Pharmacy Registration, required.
We believe excellent people make this excellence happen. If this sounds like the type of meaningful work you'd like to be a part of, we encourage you to apply! Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website