BAE Systems, Inc. has an incredible story to tell - from our mission to our technology to our people. The Digital Communications Director is an imaginative, enthusiastic, and collaborative team member, with a critical role in shaping and executing the company's digital strategy. A skilled storyteller, she or he is responsible for developing the strategies and tactical plans that ensure our story is reaching stakeholders through compelling, integrated content across our digital channels. The Digital Director is a part of the External Communications team and leads our efforts to digitally share BAE Systems Inc.'s mission and our innovation story with business stakeholders, media, job seekers, and other key audiences. This role leads digital communications strategy for the Inc. headquarters Comms team, as well as teams in our sectors and businesses. She or he will oversee content development for major defense industry trade shows, promotional events, community investment activities, and company milestones. The Digital Communications Director reports to the Vice President of External Communications and will be joining a Comms team that's passionate about our mission, collaborative and creative, and true believers in the power of smart digital outreach.
- On a day-to-day basis, working across the company, the Digital Director will oversee digital strategy and content creation for corporate-owned social media channels and public facing websites to drive engagement and conversions. She or he will develop and execute cost-effective owned and paid social media strategies to support BAE Systems Inc.'s business objectives, including engagement with key third-party digital stakeholders and influencers
- This Director will drive the development and analysis of business objective data-driven KPI's to inform our content and channel strategies. She or he will utilize audience analysis, personas, and analytics to develop and refine strategies that foster two-way communication with targeted audiences online.
- The Digital Director will lead a cross-functional group of web and communications representatives from across the enterprise to foster ideation and collaboration, and will work closely with the our UK counterparts to ensure consistency across the brand.
- She or he will provide strategic guidance, education, and training on social media best practices. The Director will stay abreast of emerging technologies, trends and strategies in digital engagement to provide cutting-edge counsel to our teams.
- Working with the team's web developer, the Digital Director will lead corporate web strategy to ensure the BAE Systems Inc.'s digital presence reflects the Company's brand, our capabilities and innovative technologies, and our place as a leading employer for talented individuals. She or he will be responsible for helping manage the quality and consistency of content posted to BAE Systems, Inc.'s webpage, and oversee Search Engine Optimization efforts.
- Digital Director will work closely with the Media Relations Director to ensure that headquarters and our business units capitalize on key events, earned media coverage, and announcements for online promotion.
- She or he will oversee the team developing and executing digital communications strategies for major defense industry trade shows and promotional events, to include creating social media paid and organic plans, and overseeing the drafting of relevant feature stories and content that can be leveraged during shows.
- The Digital Director will supervise BAE Systems, Inc.'s social media employee advocacy program. She or he will source content, develop training materials and communications, engage with employee participants and potential participants, analyze regular reporting and coordinate with the vendor. She or he will lead regular program calls and manage vendor relationships.
- She or he will supervise two employees: one employee who focuses on content creation and oversees the upkeep of the team's editorial calendar, and one employee who works on the company intranet and our public facing website.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree with 12 years of related experience or equivalent.
- Search Engine Optimization
- Strong technical background and experience working with IT departments
- Experience with digital tools such as Hootsuite Enterprise, Brightcove, Talkwalker, SharePoint and Google marketing (Analytics, Tag Manager, Search Console, Optimize)
Preferred Skills and Education
- Graphic and video skills
About BAE Systems, Inc.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Apply on company website