This individual will have overall execution responsibility for a mission critical program supporting the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Customs and Borders Protection (CBP). This contract will provide critical technology services support to multiple CBP strategic initiatives spanning the need for fast and reliable access to resilient, secure Information Technology (IT) infrastructure to streamline CBP's work; leverage cutting-edge technologies to transform traveler verification processes; and increase situational awareness to impede and respond to illicit cross-border traffic; and champion and improve stakeholder interactions, including traveling public, to protect and facilitate lawful travel and business.
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager to provide day-to-day management of the program. The individual will also be responsible for strategic oversight of the program, to include identifying relevant innovations to incorporate into the program over a five year period. The individual will have oversight of the recruitment and retention of top talent, performing Quality Assurance, and communicating verbally, and in writing to the customer to address changes and challenges. The PM also will interact frequently with internal and external senior level executives and customer representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, contracts, and strategies. Must be comfortable leading briefings and high level meetings. Other key responsibilities include:
- Ensure high levels of execution of program including cost, schedule, technical performance, staffing, quality, and customer engagement; ensuring program commitments are met, having the authority to make cogent and timely decisions related to the project
- Official liaison between contract and customer
- Monitor and control team efficiency and operations
- Accountability for performance of all contractors
- Establish productive relationships with counterparts in other segments of the business, vendors, industry partners, customers and staff.
- Attract, develop and retain high performing, diverse talent within the business; build future leaders through mentoring and serving as a role model.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of relevant experience including at least 5 years of Program Management on programs over $100M in lifecycle value. Remaining experience should be in project management or experience in a relevant field such as Systems Engineering, Cyber Security or Information Technology.
- Strong business acumen – highly capable of formulating and executing aggressive, but reasonable schedules in coordination with multiple subcontractor and technology vendor partners, both large and small
- Technically proficient – conversant in the Systems Engineering and Integration mission, to include operations over a test center and large operations center
- Bachelor's degree in management, business, cyber or related field
- Program Management Professional (PMP) Certified
- Active Top Secret clearance
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience supporting CBP
- CBP Background Investigation preferred
- CISSP or cyber security expertise preferred
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website